Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Bute Inlet Fishing Hole - Grizzly Bear


I'd like to share with you the final image and story for this piece.
Bute Inlet, cutting into the Coastal Mountain Range of mainland British Columbia, is renowned for it’s majestic mountain vistas, rugged unsettled land and Grizzly Bears. In the fall of 2008 I experienced these bears up close and personal at Orford River; so close at some points it was all I could do to stand my ground. Thank goodness for our Guide and his “bear stick”. With this piece I hope to give you an up close glimpse of this magnificent giant. May they continue to fish these waters long after we leave.
Thank you for stopping by my page and taking the time to look at my work. Kevin

3 comments:

Brenda Hill CDM said...

Hi Kevin,You captured 'THE LOOK',graphite is great for all that detailed work.Good luck on you upcoming shows

Jill said...

Kevin, this is amazing, wonderful work!

Kevin said...

Hello Brenda and Jill and Thank-you for the nice comments. I am really happy with the outcome of this piece. The shows are fast approaching and the excitement is building!! :) I think this fella will be quite popular at the show.